900 Eagle Ridge Dr.
Schererville, IN 46375
H: Tuesday thru Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sun, May 01|
219 Amatuer Wine Competition
Wine Tasting & Judging | Food | Live Entertainment | Attendees: $40 • Competitors: $25
Time & Location
May 01, 2022, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Schererville, 900 Eagle Ridge Dr, Schererville, IN 46375, USA
About the Event
219 Amateur Wine Competition
Attendees will be able to taste samples of all the wines and judge them accordingly. Admission for attendees and competitors also include food, live entertainment, and industry vendors. This competition gives amateur and local winemakers the opportunity to show off their wines and have a chance to win prizes for all their hard work as well as get valuable feedback from industry experts.
Competition Format and Regulations (max 50 competitors)
- This will be an open competition with judging completed by the attendees (general public) and other home winemakers.
- A limited amount of ballots will be provided to each attendee with additional available for purchase.
- Competition is open to all wines other than commercial wines or wines made by a wine maker employed by or owner of a bonded winery are eligible.
- An entry consists of two (2) bottles (1/5 qt or 750 ml for judging and display).
- Entries become property of Villa Cesare and will not returned.
- Empty bottles can be taken home.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze ribbons will be awarded in each category.
- Best of Class and Best of Show will receive a trophy.
- NO CASH AWARDS OFFERED.
- Wine categories will be as follows:
- Red Vintage (75% of singular variety – i.e., Cabernet, Zinfandel, etc.)
- Red Blend (Less than 25% of a white variety added)
- White/ Rose (Less than 25% of a red variety added)
- Other (Mead, other fruit, or vegetable-based wine)
- No Spirits or fortified wine will be accepted.
- Registration will be closed Saturday, April 23, 2022, for competitors. Attendees will be limited. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY.
- Multiple wines may be entered; the wine maker is responsible to prepare their individual wines.
- A registration number will be provided to you and must be affixed to the wine bottle by tape or sticker.
- Competitors MUST arrive 60 minutes prior to the start of the competition and will be responsible for opening and displaying their wine properly.
- All attendees must be 21 years old and be able to present a governmental form of ID.
- This is intended to be a social and educational event where you can showcase your wines and receive candid and open feedback. Attendees are the general public and are not expected to be wine experts.
- By registering for this event, you give permission for the free use of your name and photo in any media account of this event.
Any questions, email us at email@example.com or call us at (219) 322-3011.