900 Eagle Ridge Dr.
Schererville, IN 46375
H: Tuesday thru Saturday 9am - 4pm
Thu, Oct 06|
INDOOR BOCCE LEAGUE - FALL
League runs from Oct. 6 - Nov. 17 • Thursday nights, starting at 6pm • 2 games per week (6 weeks + playoffs) • $160 per team ($40/person)
Time & Location
Oct 06, 2022, 6:00 PM – Nov 17, 2022, 10:00 PM
Villa Cesare, 900 Eagle Ridge Dr, Schererville, IN 46375, USA
About the Event
League runs from Oct. 6 - Nov. 17
Thursday nights, starting at 6pm •
2 games per week (6 weeks + playoffs) •
$160 per team ($40/person)
BASIC RULES OF BOCCE
• Game is played between two teams of four. A team of four will split into pairs at either end of the court.
• Each team plays with four bocce balls that are differentiated by color. The goal of the game is to get your team’s bocce balls closer to the pallino, the smaller target ball, than the other team’s bocce balls.
• Each frame is played from one side of the court and begins with the pallino being thrown into the field of play.
• Every throw (including the pallino) must meet the following criteria to remain on the court:
• Player’s feet must be behind the back wall, extended. Player can move outside the sidewalls to get their desired angle, but cannot break the plane of the back wall.
• Ball must be thrown underhand and reach the half court line.
• Ball cannot touch the back wall unless it makes contact with a ball in play first.
• The team closest to the pallino is “in” and the other team is “out.” The team that is “out” throws until they are “in” or out of bocce balls. Both teams must throw all of their bocce balls to complete a frame.
• To become the team that is “in” you must throw a ball closer to the pallino, so being the same distance away doesn’t cut it.
• There are no rules against your ball striking any of the balls in play or the side walls.
• Points are scored after all balls have been thrown. The team with the ball closest to the pallino is the only team scoring in that frame. Scoring team receives one point for each of their balls closer to the pallino than the other team’s closest ball.
• If two balls are equidistant from the pallino at the end of the frame, then the next closest ball breaks the tie.
• The team that scores controls the pallino to begin the next frame. They get to throw the pallino and then first bocce ball.
• Each team member must throw two balls per frame, but they can do so in any order.
• If the pallino goes out of bounds, that frame ends. Play then resumes from the opposite end of the court with the team that originally tossed the pallino tossing it again.
• Measurements for all “points” are taken from the front edge of the Bocce being measured to the front edge of the pallino. Only an official and one representative from each team may be present for the measurement.
• Only the official touches the balls until the round is scored.
RULES SPECIFIC TO OUR LEAGUE
• We play our games to 12 with a time limit of 25 minutes. If game is called due to time, the leading team gets the win. If game is tied at 25 minutes, then one additional frame will be played to break it.
• Two points are awarded for a ball touching the pallino. This is known as a “BOCCE.”
• Scoring four points in a frame is known as a “CASINO” and is cause for both celebration by one team and shame for the other.
• Golden Rule: Players are encouraged to have some sort of beverage in hand when throwing pallino or bocce ball.